This summer get ready to be floored by the awe-inspiring beauty of the mighty Himalayas as we camp at quaint little Himalayan villages & surreal lakes, explore off beaten trails, experience the Himalayan culture first hand, indulge in adrenaline pumping activities like white water rafting @ Beas river, paragliding, zipping through India’s longest zipline in Kullu Valley etc. These specially curated, handpicked destinations will ensure you get to savor the best of Himalayas far away from the touristy crowd.
Exploring offbeat, non-commercial routes
Camping beside an absolute beauty of a Lake
Visiting unique villages and towns in Himachal
Short treks through breathtaking trails
Zip line across the Kullu Valley through the longest zipline in the country
Paragliding in the picturesque Parvati valley
Rafting through the indomitable Beas river
Day 0 – May 20th (Sunday)
• Reach New Delhi by your own (flight or train)
• Assemble at the bus boarding point in New Delhi (location will be shared upon confirmation)
• Start Journey by a luxury Volvo towards our base near Manali
Day 1 – May 21st (B-D)
• Get off the bus at a point 20 KMs before Manali, transfer to the waiting van/cars to proceed to our 1st base in a small village to refresh and have breakfast
• After breakfast, relax for a bit, go on a walk to the river bed to acclimatize to the altitude.
• Around 12.30 PM, drive down to Martin’s place, a unique lunch point that’s open only on Sundays
• Spend time in Old Manali, shopping and café hopping
• Head to Sethan village for the night
• Stay in Swiss tents with campfire, music and bbq for the night
Day 2 – May 22nd (B-L-D)
• Wake up early for tea and catch the Sunrise
• Go on a small hike to reach a snow point and enjoy some snow time (Weather dependent)
• Come back for lunch and have a leisure time in the camping area for the rest of the day. Read a book, sip on hot coffee, take a walk around the village, interact with the locals or just be with yourself.
• Dinner, campfire and stories through the night
Day 3 – May 23rd (B-D)
• After breakfast, pack up and leave on a road trip to a small Himalayan village, Jibhi
• We will stop at the Paragliding point enroute for those who wish to do paragliding in an offbeat location (activity not included in the package)
• After paragliding and lunch, we Reach Jibhi and hike to our homestay (30 mins)
• Relaxing evening, walking around the homestay, exploring the village
• Campfire and dinner with stories, music and games in the night
Day 4 – May 24th (B-L-D)
• Today we go to the beautiful Parashar lake after breakfast
• The route to the lake is super beautiful and requires a short trek of 2 hours
• Packed lunch enroute/during the trek
• Stay in a camp for the night beside the beautiful lake
• Campfire, star gazing and fun through the night
Day 5 – May 25th (B-D)
• Trek back after breakfast and head towards Manali
• Get your adrenaline pumped ziplining through the Kullu valley in India’s longest Zipline!
• The 500+ meters zipline is one of the best experiences ever!
• You can choose either the long one of the short one, depending on your guts. The ziplining charges are not included, so you can decide and pay on ground.
• After lunch head to Haripur for a relaxed evening and a good rest
Day 6 – May 26th (B)
• Check out after breakfast, bidding goodbye to our hosts and head to Manali for some shopping therapy
• Have lunch in Manali and head to the rafting point
• Rafting with the group through the cold rapids of the Beas River is an adventure you’ll cherish for long!
• After rafting, you can change, refresh and take the bus back to Delhi from the same place
• Dinner on yourself this night
Day 7 – May 27th
• Trip ends this morning as the bus drops you back in Delhi
• Take your flight/train back to Delhi (After 11 AM)
• Get back to your city and routine with loads of memories from this amazing trip.
The Itinerary is subject to change depending on the ground situations, weather conditions and group dynamics. This trip involves adventure activities like paragliding, rafting, ziplining etc. Although all activities will be headed by certified instructors, and we strive to ensure safety, the activities involve inherent risks and you should be aware of the same before enrolling for the same. We shall be covering commercial but lesser known / less explored places.
WHO CAN SIGN UP
This trip is suitable for everyone with a free spirit and for those who seek a holiday with a difference. The itinerary is offbeat with activities on the go. Involves quite a lot of relaxing time. So if you’re looking for a tight trip with back to back activities, then this is not for you.
The trip is kids friendly; but not recommended for infants.
TEMPERATURE & WEATHER
Day temperatures in ranges between (15*) – (25*) C
Night temperatures range between (5*) – (8*) C
Weather in the Himalayas is totally unpredictable. It might be bright and sunny in the morning but might start snowing in the evening. So, it’s better to be prepared for adverse weather.
THINGS TO CARRY
This is a list of essential things to carry for this trip. Please ensure you carry everything along to avoid surprises in the last minute. Recommend a backpack for carrying all the mentioned things. Avoid hard walled suitcases.
• Quick drying long sleeved base layer tees
• Couple of short sleeved Tshirts
• 1 Thermal underwear – base layer
• 2-3 pairs of socks
• 1 pair woolen socks for the night
• 2 pairs of quick drying pants with zip off bottoms to make them into shorts when required
• 1 fleece/thick woollen sweater
• 1 raincoat / Poncho
• 1 down jacket/woollen jerkin
• 1 Warm winter hat (Monkey cap)
• 1 hat (for the sun)
• 1 headband/buff
• 1 pair gloves
• 1 Pair worn in trekking boots
• 1 torch
• Sunglasses (no blue tint)
• Water bottle – 1 litre (can be refilled when required; we don’t entertain buying one-time use, plastic mineral water bottles)
• Camera with extra batteries
• Chargers and Power bank
• Personal medicines
• Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
• Shower gel, shampoo (optional)
• Toilet Paper
You can also keep some dry fruits, chocolates, electrolytes and Yoga bars in the bag.
NO LITTER POLICY
At Exoticamp, we are very particular about not littering during our treks or camping. Please support us by ensuring you do not drop even the smallest of plastic or any other waste back in the forest. We carry back whatever we take and dispose them properly. It is ok to bury vegetable and fruit waste. But we bring back all other waste immaterial of if they are degradable or no.
• In case you are planning to drop out of the trip due to any kind of personal reasons, please email/call us to intimate the same.
• If cancelled 4 weeks before the trip start date, 80% of the payment will be refunded
• If cancelled between 3 and 4 weeks from the date of the trip, 50% of the payment will be refunded
• If cancelled less than 2 weeks before the date of the trip, there shall be no refund.
• In the event of cancelation of the trip due to unforeseen reasons like harsh weather or issues pertaining to natural calamity or political turmoil in the place of the trip, you can choose to use the paid amount to join us for a future trip of a similar kind.
• If the event is called off by the organizers due to low turnout or any other reason, a full refund will be issued.
• The Rs. 5000/- advance that you pay for booking is non-refundable in case of a cancellation.
Tariff: Rs. 25,000/Person (Excluding Airfare)
The cost will be Rs. 15,500 for Kids between 5-12 and Rs. 6,500 for Kids below 5 years.
You could Pay just Rs. 5000 (Non-refundable deposit) and book the experience and pay the remaining Rs. 20,000 Ten days before the event
Transportation from Delhi to Manali and back in Volvo bus
All Internal transportation according to the itinerary
Accommodation for all nights in homestays, camping tents on 2/3 sharing basis
All meals as denoted in the itinerary; (B-Breakfast, L-Lunch, D-Dinner)
Trekking fee, Camping Permissions, guide charges, and all associated fees
Rafting through the beas
Any meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
Any Airfare/Train fare to the arrival or from the departure point in Delhi
Any additional transportation due to deviation from the Itinerary
Ziplining and Paragliding cost – (Long Zipline: Rs. 1500, Short Zipline: Rs. 500; Paragliding: Rs. 3000) • Entrance for any Amusement parks or Museums or Art centers
Any portage at airports, homestays, treks, tips, insurance, drinks, mineral water, telephone charges, and all items of personal nature.
Any services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, and vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.