If you are someone who loves travelling exploring newer destinations, capturing every moment of your travel through a mobile camera or a DSLR, someone who is instagram savvy, a bird lover or a wildlife enthusiast or even someone who aspires to be a travel photographer sometime in the future, here comes a great chance to learn a tip or two about travel, wildlife & bird photography.
Presenting ‘Bird Spotting and Travel Photography Camp’ at The western Ghats – A super interesting camping experience that lets you travel to some of the less explored parts of Western Ghats, filled with endemic birds and photograph these beautiful avian friends along with the picturesque landscapes. The bird spotting session will be led by a native expert (spotted 1000+ birds) and photography session would be led by Chandru Selvam – One of Chennai’s upcoming Travel & Fashion photographers.
Through the camp you get to spot and learn about birds of Western Ghats and basics of travel photography, creative exposure, composition, using light to create the right mood etc. What’s more! You also get to camp in a beauty of a campsite beside river periyar, explore hidden waterfalls, interesting hiking trails, bond over campfire & go on an offroad jeep safari.
Photography Course Content :
1. Introduction to Travel photography
2. Types of photography in travel ( Portraits, landscape, Architecture etc)
3. Travel vs. Vacation
4. Fundamentals of photography
5. Exposure triangle
6. Understanding Histogram
7. Understanding White balance
8. Understanding Metering Modes
9. Understanding lenses, Filters and more
10. Correct exposure vs. Creative exposure ( Panning, Zoom burst, Slow shutter, Silhouettes etc)
11. Understanding lighting and effects of lighting
12. Basic color theory
13. How to tell stories using colors
14. Understanding Depth of field
15. Composition, Framing and Angles
16. How to tell stories effectively using the skills and techniques
17. Introduction to long exposure photography
1. You can book a gear at the time of booking
2. We can keep in touch with the WhatsApp group to clear your doubts post sessions
Itinerary (2 Days / 1 Night)
Reach Kumily & get refreshed in the restaurant
Have Breakfast on you
Picked up by Jeep at 9.30 am
Equipment check and short briefing on photography plan
Trail walk in to the reserve forest (with permission) for bird spotting
Check into the campsite by 11:30
Relax and assemble for the photography briefing
Have Lunch and take refreshing dips in the river
Relax time and talk a lot about Birds and travel photography
Head out for a Nature Walk to spot some of the exotic birds of western Ghats
Return to the campsite for some refreshments
Checkout the photos taken for the day and get feedbacks for improvements
Settle down for an exciting campfire session
Try out night photography
Sleep under the stars with river burbles on a tent
Wake up earlier with the sound of birds
Go for a photo walk, tea plantations around the campsite
Refresh in the cottage
Finish breakfast and head out for Travel photography
Tunnel and catchment area of Idukki arch dam
Multi layer waterfalls
Hanging bridge connecting a tribal settlement
Old temple submerged on the lake
Back to the campsite for lunch
A brief summary on the travel Photographs taken.
Revelling and rewarding the best photograph of the trip.
Post an exciting day you will be dropped back in Kumily by evening.
Stay in Camping Tents
Lunch & Dinner on Day 1
Breakfast & Lunch on Day 2
Waterfalls Visit, Hiking & Campfire
Backup Dorm / Cottage for rough weather
Anything other than inclusions
1) Drive down to the camp spot on your own. We shall share location.
2) You can also reach Kumily from Chennai,Bangalore, Coimbatore, etc, by bus.
You can check for the buses to Kumily (Kerala) or Kumily (Tamilnadu) in Red Bus.
and avail our jeep pickup to camp spot & back at Rs.300 (to and fro)
Strictly No Smoking & No Alcohol
Why choose Exoticamp?
Exoticamp is the highest rated camping experiences curator in the country with a rating of 4.9/5.0 (over 700 reviews).
You can go through our reviews on Google – https://tinyurl.com/y4d95ruh &
Facebook – https://tinyurl.com/y3svpeu6
Call / Whatsapp 8448444281 or 9790000401